Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I just underwent iui and was inseminated 2 days ago

I just underwent iui and was inseminated 2 days ago

Patient: I just underwent iui and was inseminated 2 days ago. I am extremely constipated and would like to take a laxative. Will this inhibit the fertilization at all? Will it cause any harm to the process?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually, laxatives may not affect the fertilization and/or continuation of pregnancy.You can use laxative when needed with your doctor’s advice.Taking plenty of oral fluids, fiber rich diet like green leafy vegetables, riped fruits etc, can help in relieving constipation.Take care.