I just visited Europe including France, Turkey, Greece Rome

Patient

Q: I just visited Europe including France, Turkey, Greece Rome and Italy. My mom got sick first and now both of us on the cruise are as well. We have cough, body aches and fever, sore throat. Would you be concerned about MERS? Should we get tested?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

MERS is only suspected only when it is being prevalent in the region. Usually we don't suspect anyone to have MERS in this case.
You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI). At home, you can do warm saline gargles, steam inhalation. But in case you have fever then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. You can continue Cetirizine that you are taking for net 2-3 days. In case of severe pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that. You may take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy