I just woke up, and my right breast is hurting,

Patient: I just woke up, and my right breast is hurting, swollen and hard. It feels as if the circulation had been cut off, especially in the nipple. Is this mastitis? I had it before, and the symptoms were similar. (Last night, my other breast and back were hurting and I had trouble breathing, but that felt different, like a muscle pull). I am not pregnant.

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your history and concerns.Sudden pain in one of the breasts start as a case of mastitis as you have rightly mentioned and you had experienced this in the past.You are not pregnant.And you had muscle pull like symptoms recently- last night to be precise.would advise you in such a situation the following:Get a clinical evaluation by a general Surgeon.USG/ mammography .And an appropriate treatment, breast support.Check the hormones levels too.Hope this helps you.