Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I keep getting chest pains, and I don’t know

I keep getting chest pains, and I don’t know

Patient: I keep getting chest pains, and I don’t know what from. I’m fourteen, so it’s not likely to be something major. What could this be?

Doctor: Hi young.You are absolutely right, being just 14 really makes the serious pains causes to be ruled out.The common est causes at your age, considering the medicines you are taking can be :Anxiety, stress, costochondritis, fibroadenosis of the breasts and so on.I would frankly advise you to consult a Doctor to have a clinical evaluation, actual examination of the chest for the reasons I mentioned, to have one EKG and X-ray of the chest to rule out any sinister problem and it also works as a baseline report for the reference in future if need be.I hope this answers you query and helps you to understand the problem.Take care.Be healthy