I keep getting tonsilitis Everytime I kiss my boyfriend using

Patient

Q: I keep getting tonsilitis Everytime I kiss my boyfriend using tongues. Why is this and how can I prevent it

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thanks for a very typical question.

The cause of you getting recurrent tonsillitis after kissing your boyfriend using tongue is that the bacteria which harbors in his throat may be commensals (may not be causing him the problems) for him but act pathological in your throat.

How to avoid:
No kissing at the moment.
A course of antibiotic for both of you.
If the next trial works without infection, well and good; if not both of you must consult an ENT Surgeon, get examined and tested and treated.