Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I keep getting UTI’s whenever I’m sexual active so I

I keep getting UTI’s whenever I’m sexual active so I

Patient: I keep getting UTI’s whenever I’m sexual active so I decided to take a break from all that but now my UTI is back again? What is causing it now. I am only 16

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Urinary tract infections are known for their recurrence rates.Though a sexual activity is a trigger factor for UTI’s, there are possibilities that one can get a recurrence with no cause detected at all. Dehydration, inadequate intake of fluids, lack of menstrual and sanitary hygiene, low immunity, menstruation, renal stones, stress, malnutrition could be the causes.Drink plenty of water a day and have a nutritious diet. This will help in keeping UTI under control. Also, continue your antibiotics.Hope this helped.Regards