Thanks for writing in to us
Feeling of light headedness can be due to multiple reasons following are the most common causes seem in clinical practice
1. Cervical spondylosis- associated neck pain, paresthesia over upper limb, head ache radiating pain in arms.
2. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo - due to problem of inner ear, giddiness only during certain position of head.
3. Vitamin B12 deficiency- requires blood work up for level estimation. Suspected with clinical examination.
4. Heart conditions such as atrial fibrillation, blocked carotid arteries, severe atherosclerosis vertebral arteries, low blood pressure.
5. Somatic manifestation of psychological cause and requires examination by an psychiatrist.
6. Drug abuse
7. Hypoglycemia or falling sugar level common in a pre diabetic or a diabetic person.
8. Hypertension or raised blood pressure
9. Inner east infection
10. Meniere disease
11. Excessive caffeine intake
My recommendation is to visit a local physician for primary survey and look for cause of giddiness as most causes can not be ruled out from history alone.
I hope your query is satisfactorily answered.
If there is still any doubts, feel free to discuss further.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.