I keep having urgent nose bleeds

Patient

Q: I keep having urgent nose bleeds. I honestly don't think it's allergys, I don't have them all the time, but randomly it just starts dripping but it takes about 5-10 minutes to clot back up but if it happens one day it'll randomly happen throughout the day and throughout the week. Then it'll stop and go away for weeks then randomly come back just like that I chose allergy but I don't think it's that it may be vitamin defficiency

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Nose bleed known as Epistaxis occurs commonly due to following reasons:
1. Sinusitis
2. Nasal Polyposis
3. High Blood pressure
4. Bleeding disorders.
So, i would advise you to see an ENT Specialist. He would examine you for any Nasal Polyposis. If not found, he would get following investigations done:
1. X-ray PNS Water View
2. Platelet count
3. Bleeding and Clotting Time.
4. Check your Blood pressure.
If you are found to have sinusitis, i would advise following:
1. To do steam inhalation 4-6 times a day.
2. To take anti allergic like Levocetrizine
3. In cases, who don't respond to anti allergic drugs, Fluticasone Nasal spray helps greatly.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy