Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I keep smelling cigarette smoke It comes and goes

I keep smelling cigarette smoke It comes and goes

Patient: I keep smelling cigarette smoke. It comes and goes about 20 to 30 times an hour for 5 to 30 seconds long. Sometimes I have a headache. My doc says I do have a sinus infection. I’m trying imitrex and elavil now. It doesn’t seem to be helping.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The cigarette smoke could be related to your surrounding, and the only way to get rid of it, is to completely avoid areas where there are smokers.For the sinus infection, it sounds like it is chronic, hence a CT PNS ( Para Nasal Sinuses ) will be required to find out how severe is the infection, and you can discuss the option of FESS with your ENT surgeon since medications are not helping.Hope this was helpful,Regards