I know i may be only 13 years old but

Patient

Q: I know i may be only 13 years old but i still have many questions. About a year ago they cut out my matris, so that means i cant have my period. But my question is will i still be able to get boobs & go through puberty?.Thanks for reading

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think you mean that your uterus has been removed. Is this the case?

If that is the case, then yes, you will still have breasts and go through puberty. This happens because the ovaries produce estrogen or at least it is converted at the ovaries. Estrogen is responsible for the growth of breasts and for puberty.

To be on the safe side, please get your hormone levels checked. If they are normal, you have nothing to worry about. Hope this helps you. All the best.