I know this was a horrible idea I got scared

Q: I know this was a horrible idea. I got scared and took two large doses of birth control pills as an emergency contraceptive. 36 hours ago I took 10 birth control pills ( orsythia/lybrel) and another 10 pills 12 hours later. It has been 14 hours since I have taken the pills. My only issue is lack of appetite and extreme breast tenderness. is any medical attention needed and what other symptoms should I look for?

It is indeed unfortunate that you have ended up in an overdose of the birth control pills. It can be dangerous.

Side effects of severe vaginal bleeding,cramps,altered liver enzymes, vomiting, headache, dizziness are possibilities. Kindly see a doctor immediately irrespective of the side effects. You will need a stomach wash and certain tablets for detoxification.
Kindly do not waste any more time and take someone to accompany you.
Hope this helped.

Patient: What kinds of detoxification tablets?
Doctor: Hello,
The medications could be tablet or injections to correct the problem due to side effect. For example tranexemic acid and hormonal support for severe bleeding. Anti thrombolytics in case of sudden emboli, omdamsetron for severe vomiting and pantoprazole for acute gastritis, etc. The treatment depends on level of toxicity and complications.
Hope this helped.
Patient: I followed up with my ObGyn and he was fairly certain since over 24 hours have passed and I am exhibiting no symptoms beyond decreased appetite there is no need for further attention. Is there reason to still go to the emergency room.
Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
If the doctor has reassured you that there is nothing to worry about,you may hold on. There are possibilities that you can have heavy withdrawal bleeding anytime, in such a case see the doctor immediately if the bleeding is very heavy to prevent severe blood loss.