I let my husband’s uncle move in for about 3

Patient: I let my husband’s uncle move in for about 3 week’s now yesterday he found out he has scabies. What do we need to so I have grandkids

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.Scabies is a highly communicable disease. I always ad vice my patients to treat himself/ herself along with the family members. Treatment of choice is topical permethrin 5 percent to be applied overnight from neck to toe. The amount to be applied depends on the age and body weight of the person.Antihistaminics are helpful for symptomatic relief.Ideally disinfection of the family members and the patient should be done on same day.You should visit your doctor so that he can examine all and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy