Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I lost my virginity a couple days ago 

I lost my virginity a couple days ago 

Patient: I lost my virginity a couple days ago and I noticed yesterday that I’m peeling inside and outside of my vagina. I’m not irritated or itchy at all.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The reason of pealing inside and outside of the vagina on loosing virginity is that the l ocal environment / conditions change.The bacterial flora changes for the first time and hence you can have such changes.It again depends whether you had used something or not.Do not worry, this is usually self-limiting.Keep the area clean with lots of plain water, do not use soap or anything to be applied locally, keep the area dry and aerated.If you still have problems or doubts or if the conditions do not revert back, you may please have examination by the Gynecologist.