I (M) recently had sex with a new partner (F)

Patient

Q: I (M) recently had sex with a new partner (F) about 5 days. 2 days ago I noticed a subtle irritation on my genitals. The area is approximately 1 sq cm and is located right below the head of my penis (circumcised). It is slightly pinker than the surrounding area, but not significantly. The area doesn't itch or hurt. It feels more like the skin is raw. There are no bumps or sores, and as far as I can tell there are no other symptoms of any kind. Is this an STD or just a mild skin irritation?

Symptoms:  Slightly red skin below the head of the uncircumcised penis. No itchiness or pain.
Doctor

Thanks for writing to us.
I have read your case and can understand your concern.

It is more likely that you have developed rash due to either friction during intercourse or allergy to condom (if used).
The other possibility is yeast infection which can be easily treated with antifungals.
So in all cases it is least likely that it is STD which would present with bumps, discharge, irritation, painful urination etc.
It is advisable for you to visit your doctor who can do physical examination to confirm its benign nature.
Also use of lubrication before intercourse may help to prevent this in future if this developed due to friction.

Hope I have solved your query.
Feel free to write back.