Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I masturbate once every day  and have been feeling a burn

I masturbate once every day  and have been feeling a burn

Patient: I masturbate once every day and lately ive been feeling a burn after, it doesnt burn right away but it stops about 20 minutes after even if i go pee what can i do?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From your history, it seems like you are suffering from a UTI. Even though, it is not common to manifest burning sensation while masturbation, in some cases, a person can experience slight burning or stinging sensation after an orgasm or post intercourse in UTI.You need to get the urine tested and also get a urine culture done. Based on the culture reports, appropriate antibiotic therapy can be started. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Cotrimoxazole (TMP-SMX) twice daily for 7-10 days depending on the severity. You can take Cranberry juice which will relieve the burning sensation and ensure you drink plenty of water, a minimum of 3-4 liters is recommended.It is also advisable to avoid masturbation till your symptoms subside.Please get the tests done before starting any treatment to avoid resistance.Hope this was helpful.Regards.