I miscarried two and half weeks ago. Today they checked my hcg levels came 5. I am still bleeding.

Patient

Q: I miscarriaged two and half weeks ago. Today they checked my hcg levels and it came back 5 so it was a negative, however I am still bleeding clots and going through about 3 or 4 pads a day... Why am I still bleeding this bad?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Incomplete abortion is the commonest cause of bleeding after a miscarriage. Please, discuss the issue with your treating physician. An ultrasound examination of the uterine cavity to enquire for retained products of conception is often done in these cases.

I hope this helps you.