Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I missed 2 birth control pills then took them plus

I missed 2 birth control pills then took them plus

Patient: I missed 2 birth control pills then took them plus my regular pill all in one day. This was yesterday, today I feel very naseous. Is that likely because of the amount of hormones I took or because I got pregnant during the time I missed the pills?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The nausea you are feeling is because of the excessive intake of hormonal pills and not due to pregnancy, as pregnancy signs will be evident only after 2 to 3 weeks.However, since it is a case of missed pills, kindly do a pregnancy test after 14 days to rule out pregnancy.Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration and nausea.Hope this helped.Regards