I missed an appointment with my psychiatrist

Patient : I missed an appointment with my psychiatrist. She is refusing to refill my monthly controlled substance until she sees me. I've rescheduled, but I will run out before she can see me. I don't mind paying the $25 fine, but I'd rather not experience the withdrawal and other effects of going off my meds. Is this ethical treatment of patients?
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. As “Ask The Doctor” is an online forum, the possibil ibility of physically examining you doesn’t exist. Legally speaking, we cannot prescribe medications to you without physically examining you. Such regulations are primarily meant for the safety of the patients as well as the Doctor. Do meet your Psychiatrist/GP at the earliest. Hope this helps. Wish you a good health.