I missed my period, am I pregnant?

Q: Iam female 23. i have participated in sex with my husband on 30/4/2014. the very fine next day evening i got periods only for 5min after that i didnt got periods. am i pregnant? should i take any pills? pls suggest me

Symptoms:  no symptoms iam fine

A:   Thank you for your query.
It is always better to avoid unwanted pregnancy by using apt contraceptive measures like birth control pills or latex condom, depot shots or intrauterine device(i.e. in cases where they already have children)etc.. Prevention of pregnancy is always better than to go for an abortion. However you have not mentioned which day of the cycle did you have the sexual intercourse. If you are talking about taking the plan B medication i. e. morning after pill it should be taken within 72 hours of the unprotected sexual intercourse for it to be effective. After 20-25 days if the period does not come opt for a home pregnancy test. However the bleeding you mentioned of may not be your period.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Guest: Hello Doctor:
Pregnant 31W5D
BPD: 8.23CM
OFD: 10.56CM
HC: 29.74CM
HC * 29.65CM
AC: 26.66CM
FL: 5.33CM
HL: 4.92CM
Baby body normal right?
Please tell me