I missed my period and it has been 7 days, home pregnancy test came as negative.

Patient

Q: I missed my period and it has been 7 days. Took home pregnancy came back negative. Im getting cramps and back pain. Im spotting as well should i see a doctor or wait?

Doctor

If you are delayed for your menses by more than 7 days now and the pregnancy test is negative then you can safely wait for another week to allow your menses to be resumed naturally. As you are experiencing premenstrual symptoms already, it is likely that your menses shall start in a few days. You may wait for a week more and practice barrier contraception in the meantime.

Hope this helps.