Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I missed my period it’s 53 days since my last

I missed my period it’s 53 days since my last

Patient: I missed my period it’s 53 days since my last period. I would normally have irregular periods but its been too long my abdominal is swollen with some discomfort. And note I haven’t had sex for about 11 months

Symptoms: AbdominalDiscomfort

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you are sure that you have not been sexually active since 11 months, you may be suff ering from a hormonal imbalance. Polycystic ovaries, thyroid imbalance, anemia, stress, prolactin imbalance, diabetes, hypertension, uterine hormone changes, nutritional deficiencies, weight gain, etc can all be the causes.Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and specific investigations to rule out the above. you may need an ultrasound and some blood investigations. Drink plenty of water and follow a healthy life style.Hormone therapy is most commonly recommended.Hope this helped.Regards