I missed my period then started spotting for 4 or 5 days

Patient

Q: I missed my period then started spotting for 4 or 5 days what does that mean?

Doctor

If you have had a sexual intercourse in the last cycle and missed your periods with spotting, it may mean an implantation bleeding followed by a pregnancy due to delayed ovulation. It is recommended that you see a doctor and get a pregnancy test, beta hCG done. Also, in case the test is negative, it may mean a delayed period with a lighter flow in the form of spotting. Your doctor would be able to guide you accordingly.

Hope this helped.