Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I mistakenly used a kind of anti bacterial soap, the

I mistakenly used a kind of anti bacterial soap, the

Patient: I mistakenly used a kind of anti bacterial soap, the kind you find next to the sinks when I showered in the washroom. I got some of it on the tip of my penis and just inside. It is now burning and painful. Any treatment and how long is it expected to sting for?

 

 

Symptoms: Stinging pain on tip of penis

 

 

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.I understand what you are going through, as the anti-bacterial soaps are alcohol based. The answer to it is to allow plenty of water to wash through the soap applied and allow the rinse to clean the urethra as well. The earlier it neutralizes, the sooner the burning shall decrease. The alcohol can cause denaturation of mucousa and hence the pain. If the pain doesn’t reduce then you may apply LIGNOCAINE JELLY 1% locally to soothe the pain and a part inside urethra as well, its safe as its an anaesthetic and usually available as an OTC. The healing may take 2-3 days in all, naturally.I hope I have answered your queryin detail,Wishing you good health,Regards

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: I cannot see answer you have given

Patient: Please can you resend your answer

Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.
I understand what you are going through, as the anti-bacterial soaps are alcohol based. The answer to it is to allow plenty of water to wash through the soap applied and allow the rinse to clean the urethra as well. The earlier it neutralizes, the sooner the burning shall decrease. The alcohol can cause denaturation of mucousa and hence the pain. If the pain doesn’t reduce then you may apply LIGNOCAINE JELLY 1% locally to soothe the pain and a part inside urethra as well, its safe as its an anaesthetic and usually available as an OTC. The healing may take 2-3 days in all, naturally.
I hope I have answered your query
in detail,
Wishing you good health,
Regards

Patient: Thanks that is reassuring, I presume that there is no risk of infection.

Doctor: No, there would not be any risk of infection.

 


Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment