Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I my left breast is slightly swollen and an achy

I my left breast is slightly swollen and an achy

Patient: I my left breast is slightly swollen and an achy feeling at side of breast and down my arm to elbow …sometimes my upper back hurts a little …. i do sand for my job so I am repeatedly going back and forth with my arm sanding out in front of me and lift cabinet doors flipping them over with that arm constantly…does this sound like a pulled pec to you ?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Breast pain and minimal swelling can be seen during premens trual phase, in mastitis, fibrocystic condition etc. Pulled pectoral muscle usually presents with pain, swelling, restricted shoulder and arm movement etc.By clinical examination only the exact cause of the problem can be identified and treated.So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care