I need help treating a wound I slid at softball

Patient: I need help treating a wound. I slid at softball practice today and my lower right leg got scraped pretty bad. It didn’t bleed a lot but it stinks very badly and I need to know how to treat this. It’s also getting hot and swollen.

I need help treating a woun...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There is no reason why the area of injury should smell, the other symptoms you have des cribed can happen following an injury and is a sign of local inflammation. It will take a week’s time to settle down.You can try ice packs over the area. Anti-inflammatory medicines or NSAID available over the counter will help in healing and pain relief. Rest the leg and avoid any strenuous activities. Consult a surgeon for an opinion and you may also need to take tetanus toxoid injection if you have not taken it over past5 years to prevent any complications.Hope this helped.Regards