I need help treating a wound I slid at softball

Patient : I need help treating a wound. I slid at softball practice today and my lower right leg got scraped pretty bad. It didn't bleed a lot but it stinks very badly and I need to know how to treat this. It's also getting hot and swollen.
I need help treating a woun...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. There is no reason why the area of injury should smell, the other symptoms you have des cribed can happen following an injury and is a sign of local inflammation. It will take a week's time to settle down. You can try ice packs over the area. Anti-inflammatory medicines or NSAID available over the counter will help in healing and pain relief. Rest the leg and avoid any strenuous activities. Consult a surgeon for an opinion and you may also need to take tetanus toxoid injection if you have not taken it over past5 years to prevent any complications. Hope this helped. Regards