I need help Understanding what to do

Patient

Q: What does these results from an mri of the lumbosacral spine without contrast: i had a few weeks ago mean
The l4 l5 disc shows loss of signal and slight loss of height.
there is moderate sized broad based central disc protrusion at
this level impinging onand deforming the dural sac and also the exiting nerveroots bilaterally

The l5 -s1 disc shows loss of signal and slight loss of height.
there is a small right paracentral broad-based disc protrusion at this level with an annular tear.
It impinges on the dural sac and also the exiting nerve roots, especially the right.

I deal with a lot of back pain and take very little meds for it but its getting to be to much for me I just dont know what my options are and my va docter is dosent speak english very well so it makes that much more harder for me to get information
can anyone help with any info on whats wrong with me or what i can do to help pain with out drugs ???

Doctor