Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I need help with my diabetes.

I need help with my diabetes.

Patient: I am diabetic and have blurred vision as a symptomIf I were to cure my diabetes, will this symptom of blurred vision go away?

Symptoms: Blurred vision

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Poorly controlled Diabetes always in creases chances of damage to the eyes, mostly retinopathy and macular edema, significantly affecting vision.So you need to get your sugar levels checked and try to maintain HBA1c around 5.7-6.5, which shows good control. High sugars affect almost all organs over a chronic period.There could be other causes of blurred vision, so it is better you get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist before directly attributing it to Diabetes.Hope this was helpful.Regards.