Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I Need Help With My Question

I Need Help With My Question

Patient: Last day of my period was on Oct 29 I had sex after that .. 2 Weeks later I was feeling weird my stomach was hurting and I took 1 home pregnancy test it was positive .. Then next day or 2 I took 3 more all positive .. Then 5 days later I took 1 More and it was Negative . I have Alot of sneezing also . What does this mean

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf your initial pregnancy tests were all positive and after 5 days it turned out to be negative, then it indicates abortion. However you have not mentioned anything about any bleeding following the positive tests so the last test could be wrong. The best way to confirm pregnancy would be to do a blood serum beta hcg levels which if found to be raised then pregnancy is confirmed.Another mode of confirmation would be a transvaginal ultrasound after a week of due or missed period , which if shows a gestational sac, pregnancy would be confirmed again.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards