I need some help with a serious bladder infection, possibly something worse

Patient

Q: I have already visited my doctor for this, and I have finished the course of antibiotics (Trimethoprim) I was given. I am still in a lot of pain while urinating, and my lower abdomen, and pubic area is swollen. I have tried drinking lots of water, cranberry juice, and cystitis powders and nothing is working. I have had many bladder infections and cystitis for years, but this one seems more painful, and I haven't had a stomach this swollen before. It is showing no sign of going away,and I am now wondering, that while I am having pain while urinating, it might be something worse? It also itches like crazy when Im urinating. Please help, ths is awful, and I have days to go to see my GP. Thanks x

Doctor