Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I need to ascertain more information on gonorrhea.

I need to ascertain more information on gonorrhea.

Patient: I’ve contracted an STD orally, gonnorehea to be exact and didn’t know it but started a new relationship with a partner and we used condoms for protection how ever we were kissing. Could i have spreaded this disease to him?

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Thanks for your question. Yes, Gonorrhea is spread through contact with the penis, vagina, mouth, or anus. Ejaculation d oes not have to occur for gonorrhea to be transmitted or acquired. Gonorrhea can also be spread from mother to baby during delivery.So through kissing, you can get it, though you have covered it with condoms.Hope this helps.