Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I need to know if she is pregnant or not fast please sr.

I need to know if she is pregnant or not fast please sr.

Patient: My girlfriend hasn’t has her period ifs has been 3 days late and I’m really really scared this has already happened once where she normally had her period get here the 13th and then from one month the other it changed to the 24th . That process had me going crazy with anxiety attacks .she hasn’t shown any sings of pregnancy at all she has said her stomach hurts but she has been getting those for as long as I can remember. She has always been really complaining about head caches since we started dating I don’t know if this information helps oh she also had stomach flue two weeks ago and I heard that disease can delay a period. She has never really had an ex act day for her period it’s comes all around the 24 never exactly on the 24 and when she had it the 13 it was always on the exact 13th. I really don’t know what else to put down to help you but I’m so scared and need help and awnsers. She also hasn’t been sleeping early while we have been in break she has been sleeping around 2 to 3 every day.

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many c auses.As you mentioned recent illness, changes in daily activities etc can affect the menstruation.Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.So, better to wait for few more days.If she didn’t get periods even one week after expected date, let her go for urine pregnancy test once.Pain abdomen, headache etc may occur due to pelvic infection sometimes.If urine pregnancy test gives negative result and pain abdomen persists, let her consult her doctor once and get examined.Better to use some regular contraceptive method to prevent these problems in future.Take care.