Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I need to know what to do or if they will be ok

I need to know what to do or if they will be ok

Patient: I accidently gave my 2 grandchildren Levetiracetam for seizures (that they no longer need) Instead of the rx tylenol They both seem fine and it has been a couple of hours since they took it. I just need to know what I should watch or what to do. They havent used the levetiracetam for a couple of years and dont even know why its still here.

Symptoms: They are running fever due to flu

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is very important that you take your grandchildren to the nearest urgent care center to be evaluated by a doctor. This medication can potentially cause a serious reaction in young children who do not need it. It is a good sign that they are not experiencing any effects since ingesting the medication but it is best that you ere on the side of caution and have them thoroughly examined by a doctor to be certain that they are fine.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com