Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I noticed on my hand 2 days ago brown spots

I noticed on my hand 2 days ago brown spots

Patient: I noticed on my hand 2 days ago brown spots like freckles. Is it normal??

I noticed on my hand 2 days...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached pic also.As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms :1 ) Freckles: due to excess exposure to sun2)Acropigmentation of Dohi: this is pigmentary disorder leading to formation of frekles like hyperpigmentation on hands .3)Hyperpigmentation due to thyroid disorder: as you have been on antithyroid drug methimazole. Thyroid dysfunction can cause various pigmentary disorder.The moat important is sun protection by using physical barrier and chemical sunscreen.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy