I noticed that I starting hiccuping a lot this year

Patient

Q: I noticed that I starting hiccuping a lot this year. It is not a repetitive hiccup, but it happens at least 10-15times a day.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your history of hiccoughing 10-15 times a day for the last year.
The probable causes are irritation of the diaphragm by pathology above by the lung and pleura or from below by liver, abdominal fluid or irritation of the phrenic nerve in its course from neck to abdomen.

I would advise you the following:
Clinical evaluation by a General Surgeon
X-rays of the neck and chest
Ultrasonography of the abdomen.

And whichever other investigations as may be needed as per the clinical evaluation.
Proper treatment of the problem lies in the proper diagnosis.

Hope this helps.