I noticed today on my way to the gym my

Patient

Q: I noticed today on my way to the gym my heart begun to beat a little faster and it kind of pounded and i tried to drink water but i almost choked cuz of the rapid beat what do i do?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your question.

To recollect, you were going to the gym (meaning you had not yet started the exercises and yet the heart started to beat very fast.
There was pounding and when you tried to drink water, you almost choked due to rapid beats.

I would advise you the following in such a situation.
-Stop going to gym till you are declared to be fit.
-Rush to ER to get the EKG and other cardiac check-up and later complete cardiac work-up under the guidance of the Cardiologist till your are diagnosed and well treated.

Hope this helps you.