I noticed what I think is a mole on my

Q: I noticed what I think is a mole on my neck yesterday that is raised up like a dome and is red with some black. at first i thought it was a blood blister but have had no trauma to my neck and itnis firm not liquid. I did also notice 5 new moles on my neck in the same area that i didn't have in January. I am a 37 year old female and am 38 weeks pregnant.

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

I will advise you to consult a dermatologist to rule out the possibility of a melanoma.
The dermatologist would examine it under a dermatoscope and if then required would do a biopsy from the lesion to check whether it's a melanoma or not.I would like to give you some information regarding moles. A new or changing mole or blemish is the most common warning sign for melanoma. Variation in color and/or an increase in diameter, height, or asymmetry of borders of a pigmented lesion are noted.

Symptoms such as bleeding, itching, ulceration, and pain in a pigmented lesion also warrant an evaluation. ABCDE criteria for a changing mole, which are as follows: Asymmetry: Half the lesion does not match the other half. Border irregularity: The edges are ragged, notched, or blurred. Color variegation: Pigmentation is not uniform and may display shades of tan, brown, or black; white, reddish, or blue discoloration is of particular concern. Diameter: A diameter greater than 6 mm is characteristic, although some melanomas may have smaller diameters; any growth in a nevus warrants an evaluation. Evolving: Changes in the lesion over time are characteristic. Lesions exhibiting these features should be considered potential melanoma. I thought of giving you this information so you are aware of what change to expect.

You mentioned there are other moles too. That is not very typical of melanoma, however, it is better to get it examined and get a dermatoscopy done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,

Patient: I do have an upcoming appointment to have this checked out. Thank you for the info. Only question I have is if my picture came through to you? I can't see that it did although I did upload it. Does it look like a mole? Could it be something else?
Doctor: Hello,
No, unfortunately, I can't see the image. My analysis was based on your history.
Kindly try to upload the picture again or else you can contact the support team and they will help you.