I play softball and about September last year I threw over hand and i had terrible shoulder pain.

Q: I play softball and about September last year I threw over hand and had a terrible pain in my shoulder. I went to the dr and she referred me to physical therapy after that it still didn't get better. Now season is here and I can't even throw over hand at all, although I can still pitch which is underhand. My dr referred me to an orthopedic do you think I tore something in my shoulder? Pain comes from the front of my shoulder

Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think you are having tendinitis of long head of biceps tendon. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. If not relieved by this I found in my clinical practice good results with local injection of triamcilone. Second possibility is rotator cuff injury. Treatment is again rest and analgesic along with physiotherapy. You need to do your MRI of the shoulder to distinguish between the two and other diseases.
Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.