I played a game of golf and after the game

Q: I played a game of golf and after the game my shoulder swelled up on the top and was extremely painful. that was 2 weeks ago and the pain has mostly gone away, but I am experiencing weakness in my arm related to lifting and swinging a framing hammer. it is difficult for me to raise my arm straight out in front of me with my thumb pointed up. please recommend some stretching routine and exercises to help me regain my strength.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Noted your history of playing golf, swollen and extremely painful shoulder 2 weeks ago. Now that the pain has almost gone but there is weakness in particular movements as you have noted.
Wants to know some stretching exercises to regain the power.

First of all let us see what the problem would be. This appears to be mostly the strain on the deltoid muscles. Now that the recovery is happening but the particular group of muscles are getting fibrosed losing the strength.
So it is necessary to get an MRI of the shoulder and correlated with the clinical picture as seen by an Orthopedic surgeon. This will give the proper diagnosis and treatment. The exercises are to be followed by strictly as advised by the Physiotherapist as he will advise you so after a careful examination.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis as the first thing so that the treatment will be fruitful.