I popped a blood vessel in my eye because it

Patient

Q: I popped a blood vessel in my eye because it was hit by a small pill bottle that my friend accidentally threw, I put visine in it and it hurt very bad when I did that so I touched the surface with my finger and it hurt a lot..is it damaged ? Or is this normal? And when will it heal ?

Symptoms:  Pain, blood in eye
Doctor

A:   Hi.

This is quite rare to occur that the blood vessel of the conjunctiva can as such be popped.
In such a incidence instill antibiotic ointment and report to the emergency room or see an ophthalmologist for clinical evaluation, examination and further management.
Ideally the blood vessels are very small in the eye bu the clot can dissect the conjunctiva and cause a long standing hematoma.
Do not try something at home as the eye is a very tender and different organ and most important too.

I hope you got the answer.