I quit caffeine about six weeks ago and went through

Patient

Q: I quit caffeine about six weeks ago and went through bad headaches, anxiety, for about 2 weeks. Now when I go to work I feel pretty good until I get home. I live in a smaller home with 3 smokers. It feels like once I walk in the house, my heart beats faster, and my head feels like I have a little pressure, like wearing a hat, and occasional slight headaches. I then get anxiety because of feeling like this. Sometimes I even feel like derealization or something like that. I appreciate your medical opinion.

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Anxiety and this feeling of heart racing is called as "Palpitations"
Palpitations can be because of Anxiety,Thyroid issues, medicines, alcohol and smoking, arrhythmia's and a lot other causes. It seems to be anxiety in your case. However, it is always better to be sure.

I would advise you to get investigated for Thyroid issues and cardiac issues.
You would require to get:
1. Thyroid Profile
2. ECG

If any issues are found in ECG then an ECHO will be required. If your thyroid profile and ECG are normal, you just need to take care of your anxiety. You should start practicing yoga and meditation.
Avoid excess of caffeine. I would advise you strongly not to consume alcohol and do smoking in case you do. In severe cases, we prescribe to our patients Propanolol (after being sure that these issues are not due to any cardiac or lungs problem) which helps in controlling anxiety symptoms.
Share my opinion with your doctor, I am hopeful, he will agree to my advise.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.