Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I quit smoking for a month now and now getting nausea

I quit smoking for a month now and now getting nausea

Patient: I quit smoking for a month now and now getting nausea…why and how to stop it…is that a side effect

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AsktheDoctor.comI understand your concern.If you were a chain smoker a nd you quit suddenly the withdrawal symptoms would be tremors, palpitations, insomnia, gastritis, which can lead to nausea.I will advise you to take Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for a week, and Tab. Ondansetron 4 mg to be taken once before every meal for 3-5 days. This will reduce your nausea.Hope this was helpful,Regards