I recall hitting myself with my toothbrush right here on

Patient

Q: I recall hitting myself with my toothbrush right here on my gums but I dont remember much. I'm scared it might be herpes I saw some pictures online. Please help in scared. Not sure if it's a canker sore or something else.

I recall hitting myself wit...-1
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for you query and a clear picture you have posted.

It seems you are not sure whether the injury was caused by the hit by a toothbrush or not.
The good new is that the picture you have provided shows 2 ulcers which are called Aphthous ulcers with a classical presentation.
It also looks that they were present already when you though the brush hit there causing some pain or discomfort.
Do not worry, these are no herpes presentation. The Aphthous ulcers are self-limiting means heal on their own. Need no special treatment as the exact cause is not know.
Regular consumption of multivitamins help a lot. Some Doctor would like to treat you for colitis if you have. Please discuss this with your regular Doctor.
Just relax.

I hope this answer helps you.