I received the following result from an x-ray of my

Q: I received the following result from an x-ray of my right and left tib/fib:

Date: May 19, 2015 Comparison: September 16, 2014 History: eval pain Findings: Fusiform cortical thickening along the medial aspect of the proximal right tibia and fusiform periosteal reaction along the medial portion of the distal right tibia. Distal periosteal reaction has developed since the previous exam. Small areas of periosteal reaction along the medial aspect of the left tibia scattered along the middle third of the cortex. Impression:1. Findings concerning for bilateral stress reactions. Recommend nuclear medicine bone scan for further evaluation.2. Mild bilateral patellofemoral degenerative joint disease.

The reason for my concern is that my doctor did not provide me with this information during my visit (I had to glean it from my med records), nor did he recommend any treatment or therapy. I am active duty military and this is interfering with my ability to perform annual fitness tests, which in turn can affect my career. Do the results of my x-ray warrant further concern on my part, or was my doctor correct in just telling me that I can never run again?