I received the smallpox vaccine in 2007 and this morning

Patient

Q: I received the smallpox vaccine in 2007 and this morning my old scar was itching. Without thinking I scratched it and noticed a small amount of puss. Should I be concerned?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

It seems that you have developed infection of the scar as a result of scratching. You got vaccinated long back so it is not related to the small.pox vaccination. It is simply infection of the scar like any other scar.
You can apply mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. If severe, oral antibiotics are also given like cloxacillin.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy