I received the tdap vaccine Wednesday afternoon and have been

Patient : I received the tdap vaccine Wednesday afternoon and have been running a mild 100.4 fever until last night when my fever was 102.4. Is this normal?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Yes, it is normal to have a fever when you are vaccinated. This is because the body is r eacting to the components of the vaccine. The reaction will cause a release of lot of factors that increase the temperature. If the fever does not subside after a week, please see a Doctor. All the best.