I recently developed a large lump on my penis, with a yellow head.

Q: I recently developed a large lump on my penis, with a yellow head. Upon further inspection, it appears like thete is a which lump in the centre, with little red bit located with in. I dont know what to do and I am looking for some advice!

A:   It is impossible to diagnose your problem just from the brief description provided. However, please note the following information and seek medical help if required. Spots and lumps on the penis can have several causes. Many penis lesions are harmless and need no treatment. Some possible causes are listed below. If you’re worried about a patch or rash on your penis, see your GP or go to your local GUM (genito-urinary medicine) clinic. for your information, these are some causes of bumps and spots on penis.

-Pearly penile papules:-
These are small, flesh-coloured lumps normally found on the head of the penis. They usually go all the way around the penis head in one or two rows. These lumps are normal. They are not sexually transmitted or caused by bad hygiene. They don’t cause symptoms and don’t require treatment.

-Fordyce spots:-
Fordyce spots are small yellowish or white spots on the head or shaft of the penis. Fordyce spots are sebaceous glands (tiny glands found near the surface of your skin) without hair follicles. They can also appear on the inside of the cheeks or on the lips, and are present in 80-95% of adults. Fordyce spots are generally harmless and don’t need treatment.

This is a hard swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation. It happens when the lymph channels in your penis are temporarily blocked. Lymph is a clear fluid that forms part of the body’s immune system. The swelling should soon subside and will not cause any permanent problems.
Lichen planus

Lichen planus is a non-infectious, itchy rash of purple-red bumps that can affect many areas of the body, including the penis.
Genital warts

Genital warts are small fleshy growths or bumps that can appear on the shaft and sometimes head of the penis or under the foreskin. They are caused by the human papillomavirus sexually transmitted infection (STI).

-Sores or ulcers:-
A painful blister or sore on your penis could be caused by herpes, an STI caused by the herpes simplex virus. A painless sore or ulcer on your penis could be caused by syphilis, another STI.

-Peyronie’s disease:-
Peyronie’s disease is an uncommon condition that causes a thickened area or hard lump (plaque) in the shaft of the penis. This can cause the penis to become curved when it’s erect.

Molluscum contagiosum:-
Molluscum contagiosum is a viral skin infection. It causes small, firm, raised spots on the skin, which usually form in little clusters. They can affect the penis and general groin area.

-Cancer of the penis:-
Penile cancer is a rare type of cancer that can cause a sore or lump on the penis, most commonly on the head of the penis.