I recently dislocated my knee


Q: I recently dislocated my knee, I am a teenage girl and if I was to do it again while on holiday in a rural area abroad and was unable to get medical attention what should I do? Should I move to get to the hospital while it is dislocated or try to put it back myself? If no ambulance or doctor is available in that place


A:   Hello.

Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You should reduce(Put it back yourself) if possible and then take medical attention. It will be beneficial to get normal circulation as early as possible. If you cannot reduce it yourself and if medical assistance is far away then there is a danger of becoming limb as nonviable due to continuous pressure over artery of dislocated fragment.
Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: My knee is severely swollen (size of a grapefruit). I had an xray which was normal. It hurts a ton on the inside of m...

Q: When i went up the stairs i got knee pain as if its twisting on the inside. INtense pain for at least 5 minutes cant ...

Q: My knee hurts when I cross my legs also when standing for link the amount of time I currently have a standing office ...

Q: Hello, I have a marble sized knot popping out from under my knees cap cause if pain then it will slide back under my ...

Q: I'm 22 years old, 5'3" tall, weighing at 60 kgs. I have gained 8 kgs within 2 months with absolutely no change...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon