Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently finished taking cipro for a UTI a few

I recently finished taking cipro for a UTI a few

Patient: I recently finished taking cipro for a UTI a few weeks ago. I now have a slight vaginal odor which is not normal. Is this from my antibiotic or something else? How can I treat it?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.The yeast infection is very common after antibiotic treatment .So maybe you get yeast infection due to antibiotics treatment for long time.So you should consult a Gynecologist and take a vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity and took treatment accordingly.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards