I recently found out have a contracted gallbladder.

Patient

Q: I recently found out have a contracted gallbladder. My question is if medicine does not help, what would be the possible next step?

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
If this was an incidental finding on the ultrasound and the ultrasound was taken after meals, the gallbladder will be normally contracted.
However if you have associated symptoms of gallstones like gall-stone colic, flatulent dyspepsia,intolerance to fatty food, positive murphy's sign (which you haven't mentioned) and USG shows contracted GB with gallstones due to chronic cholecystitis or due to cholecystoses as a result of excessive cholesterol deposit in gall bladder, or calcification is noted in the CT, it needs surgical intervention and cholecystectomy ( Open/ Laparoscopically ) can be decided based on the diagnosis. So get the CT done and discuss the management options with your surgeon.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.