I recently found out have a contracted gallbladder.

Patient : I recently found out have a contracted gallbladder. My question is if medicine does not help, what would be the possible next step?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. If this was an incidental finding on t he ultrasound and the ultrasound was taken after meals, the gallbladder will be normally contracted. However if you have associated symptoms of gallstones like gall-stone colic, flatulent dyspepsia,intolerance to fatty food, positive murphy's sign (which you haven't mentioned) and USG shows contracted GB with gallstones due to chronic cholecystitis or due to cholecystoses as a result of excessive cholesterol deposit in gall bladder, or calcification is noted in the CT, it needs surgical intervention and cholecystectomy ( Open/ Laparoscopically ) can be decided based on the diagnosis. So get the CT done and discuss the management options with your surgeon. Hope this was helpful, Regards.