I recently found out I was 4 weeks pregnant 

Patient

Q: I recently found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. I have still steadily been taking my adderrall (25-40mg) a day, should I be worried about the fetus? I am worried myself.

Doctor

Thanks for writing to us.
I can understand your concern.
Pregnant women should not take Adderall. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Adderall is a pregnancy category C drug. That means studies show side effects from Adderall in pregnant animals, but there’s not enough evidence from studies in people to be conclusive.
It should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
The drug has not been confirmed as safe to use during pregnancy. There haven’t been any well-controlled studies that look at the drug’s effects in pregnant women, and there have been negative reports of using the drug during pregnancy.
It is advisable for you to visit your doctor who may carry out ultrasound at regular intervals to rule out any harm to foetus. Additionally you should start with folate to prevent any birth defects.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to write back.

Patient: Even this early on should I be concerned? I have stopped taking it. I just want to be reassured that everything is okay considering I wasn't aware I was pregnant
Doctor: Hello
Thanks for replying back
Neural tube and bone formation start around 4 to 6 weeks so generally it is less likely that there would be a problem.
You would be advised for your 1 st ultrasound around 6 weeks which will confirm that everything is alright .
As such there is all or none phenomenon according to which if there would have been any defect in baby your pregnancy would not have continued. Since you are 4 weeks pregnant this indicates normal baby.
Hope this helps
Feel free to write back